There are seven main errors website monitoring errors that can be encountered:
- Unable to connect to the server
- The connection timeout results from this error. This is because the server that’s being pinged is down or unreachable.
- DNS lookup problem
- Incorrect spellings or domain names result in this error.
- Connection refused by the server
- Internal server issues or Overloaded web servers result in this error.
- Connection Timeout
- Connection was established but the HTTP web page took time to load and hence the connection timed out.
- Internal Server Error (500)
- The server reported an internal error.
- Bad Gateway(502)
- The web server is down as a result of miscommunication between gateway and server.
- Server Unavailable (503)
- The web server is currently unavailable to process the request.
Learn more about the different error codes here