Quick guide to setting up Freshping status page on your own URL:
Step 1: Creating a CNAME record in your DNS Zone File
Login to your Domain Control Panel
Go to the section which says DNS or Name Servers
Create a new CNAME record with name/host/alias as your custom support URL pointing to value statuspage.freshping.io
TTL: Enter a Time To Live between 30 minutes to 1 hour, or leave this field in its default settings
You may need to fill in these details:
Alias Name: Enter the subdomain name for your alias. For example, if you want to use a custom statuspage URL like status.mycompany.com, enter 'status' as your alias name
Point to Host Name: Map the alias to statuspage.freshping.io
Save changes to your DNS records
Step 2: Setting up your Statuspage URL in Freshping
After creating the CNAME record, login to your Freshping portal
- Go to 'Status' and create a new status page, after entering the page name and selecting the checks to be displayed, Go to 'Advance settings'
In the Custom domain field, type your custom status page URL (status.mycompany.com)
Click Save to save the new settings and to start using your own status page URL
Configuring a custom SSL certificate:
Custom domain SSL Certificate is available only in Garden plan.
- Enter your custom status page URL (status.mycompany.com) in the Custom domain field.
- Click on the Get SSL button to initiate your request.
- Check your inbox periodically for an email from our provider. Once you receive the email, please follow the instructions on it to confirm your request for an SSL certificate.
- Once your certification is approved, wait for a few days for an update from us with ELB name to create DNS record.
- Copy and paste the ELB name provided and create a DNS record with it in your domain control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please get in touch with your network administrator.
- Once your DNS change is propagated (can take about 24 to 72 hours), you should be able to see a lock icon on your address bar whenever your visit your status page.
Note: The custom SSL certificate will work only as long as your status page URL and the URL you mentioned while submitting the request are the same. In case you reconfigure your Freshping status page to point to a different domain, your connection will no longer be secure.